Accommodation in Karongwe Game Reserve
Shiduli Private Game Lodge
Shiduli Private Game Lodge
The perfect venue for leaving the constraints of the office behind, against the backdrop of the African bush.
Against the backdrop of the grandiose Drakensberg Mountain Range lies Shiduli Private Game Lodge. This “home away from home” experience lends itself to a perfect family getaway, with children of all ages welcome.
Shiduli embodies grace and elegance, yet oozes unsurpassed warmth and hospitality. Guests can step into the relaxed ambience of the lodge with its lush indigenous garden dappled in shade, lounges with internet facilities, bar, enormous sparkling pool and thatched dining areas punctuated with original South African art.
Traversing over 9000 hectares of supreme and diverse vegetation, with its three perennial rivers and huge Jackelberry and Leadwood trees, Shiduli is home to the Big 5, as well as a wealth of other smaller creatures and bird species.
Shiduli Lodge offers 24 suites, featuring en-suite bathrooms in rich African tones.
The secluded Royal Suite lies tucked away a short distance from the main lodge, with its own private deck and splash pool offering unsurpassed luxury and privacy.
Experience the finest cuisine at Shiduli. Their award winning chefs take pride in delivering outstanding meals prepared to the finest detail.
Inclusions / Exclusions
• All meals, teas, coffees and snacks.
• Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers.
• Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to local beer,wine and soft drinks.
• Airport and road transfers except where chartered flights land at Karongwe Game Lodge.
• Bar, curio, telephone and laundry expenses.
• TOMSA levy of R12 pppn only applicable to all lodges on the Reserve.
• Karongwe Game Reserve gate entrance fee of R75.
• Premium and imported brands.
**Gate fees increase 2014**
* Single supplement based on 40%
Activities & Facilities
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, Shiduli Private Game Lodge is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures. Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
• Single supplement of 40%.
• Children are welcome at Karongwe Portfolio excluding Kuname.
• Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
• Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults.
• Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff.
• Driver/Guide rates apply which do not include game drives R690 pppn.
• FOC policy – 16 guests or more 1 free of charge.